21 dental facts to surprise you
Our body is a temple which is changing constantly with every passing day. This makes it extremely important for us to make sure that it is well hydrated and kept healthy. To accomplish this we have to ensure that we eat healthy so that our mouth is healthy. It is a well known fact that if the mouth is healthy the rest of the body will also be healthy. So how to do we ensure that our mouth is healthy? Well eat and drink healthy stuff. This was one such fact out of numerous dental facts which we don’t know about. So today we will be discussing about 21 important dental facts which you should be aware about.
21 dental facts worth reading
- The calcium & phosphorous found in cheese is extremely healthy for your teeth because they help in reducing the pH level in plaque and helps in remineralizing the enamel.
- Heart attack is somehow connected with sore jaw and nearly 60% of people don’t know about it.
- Just as fingerprint is different similarly teeth and tongue print is also unique. You will be surprised to know that even identical twins do not have same set of teeth or tongue print.
- Women smiles more than a man and kids laugh more than anyone. Yes it’s true. It has been found that an average woman smiles about 62 times a day! A man smile only 8 times! Kids laugh around 400 times a day. Grown-ups just 15. It’s good to be a kid!!
- According to latest study the average person only brushes for 45 to 70 seconds a day, the recommended amount of time is 2-3 minutes. This is the reason for our messed up dental health.
- The hand which you use the most determines the side of teeth from where you will eat food. So if you’re right handed, you will chew your food on your right side and vice versa. So to prevent any sort of jaw joint problems it is highly recommended to chew from both the sides equally.
- 50% consider the smile the first facial feature they notice. This is the reason why people are so much attracted towards Smile Makeover Treatment.
- 80% are not happy with their smile and still they never visit a dentist or a cosmetic dentist.
- 83% of people believe their teeth are more important to their appearance than hat, hair and eyes. Teeth whitening treatment is something that is becoming increasingly popular these days.
- If you have been drinking 3 or more sugary drinks or sodas you fall under the category of those 62% of people who suffer from dental decay.
- People with gum disease are more likely to suffer from heart diseases as compared to those without disease.
- This is something jaw dropping – An average human produces 25000 quartz of saliva in a lifetime, which is sufficient enough to fill two swimming pools.
- Toothbrush should be kept at least 6 feet away from the toilet. Air borne particles and bacteria can easily travel that distance.
- The power and strength of dental floss was seen in 1994 when a prison inmate in West Virginia braided dental floss into a row, scaled the wall & escaped.
- A toothbrush should be removed and changed every three months and especially after infections such as flu, cold and viral fever.
- The hardest substance in human body is tooth enamel. So respect that and make sure that you do not use it to open beer bottles or caps.
- The most respected professionals in US are health professionals. This was revealed after a survey.
- According to a recent survey done by time magazine majority of people worldwide would prefer dental appointment then sitting next to someone talking on a cell phone. Now that’s a good sign seems that we are becoming aware of our dental health.
- For people who are over the age of 35 are prone to tooth loss because of Gum Disease. At the present moment it is extremely easy to cure gum disease.
- If you don’t floss, you miss cleaning 40% of your tooth surfaces. So don’t miss flossing in your oral dental hygiene routine.
- Dental Plaque is made out of 300 different types of bacteria.
If these have left any impact on you then it’s time you should start taking good care of your health.