How to avoid stress and eventually happy and healthy
We need to admit to the fact that we are living in a stressful environment. Two major contributors of stress in our life are – Work and Personal life. Targets at work, pressure of boss, office politics, harassment at work are prime reasons for employees to fall prey to this problem. Similarly when it comes to personal life we get stressed because of bitter relationships, money, family pressure and many other. In a situation when we feel stressed out we tend to take a different path to avoid stress. These paths may be getting involved in drugs, smoking, drinking alcohol, our food consumption goes from healthy to junk. Now, because of all these situations we start heading towards depression which at times turns fatal. We keep ourselves away from all the worldly pleasures and feelings of happiness turns just the opposite. Things that once used to excite us now irritates us. When we get into such habits our dental health and overall health starts to deteriorate. Eventually we end up with gum diseases, periodontal diseases, heart diseases so on and so forth. So it is important for us to stay happy so that we can stay away from dental diseases and stay healthy forever. However the question is – HOW?
It is difficult but not impossible to stay happy and keep smiling when you are stressed out. The reason being that at time your dominant thoughts will not let your subconscious mind to even think of any happy moments that you have spend all through your life. You will keep on thinking about the situation which is giving you stress. So it becomes difficult to avoid stress but still there are ways where in you can avoid stress and stay happy. This is the topic of discussion for today. Before we learn about the methods to avoid stress I urge you to see this 14 minutes video from TED Talk which focuses on the fact that how can you be friends with STRESS and eventually avoid it-
Avoid Stress by these methods
- Get up early in the morning: No one wants to leave the bed early but the fact is that the morning breeze has a tendency to make you happy. Get up early and take eat healthy breakfast and you will end up feeling happy and this will be your first step to avoid stress.
- Stay around positive people: During stressful situations whom you interact with matters a great deal. So stay with people who make you realize the goodness in you and your abilities.
- Be positive: As mentioned before your dominant thoughts won’t let you think about happy moments. This will make you a negative person and eventually you will be stressed even more. Don’t let any negative thoughts grow inside your mind. Focus and shift your energy to thoughts that have given you happiness in the past.
- Go out and shop: This works all the time. It has been proven in some researches that when you shop it helps to boost your mood when you’re feeling low. As per this research it has been found out that 82% of shoppers had only positive feelings while shopping, Moreover the effect was long lasting for them. So just go out and shop for yourself or your family and friends.
- Meditate and just think good: Meditation is the best and a sure fire to avoid stress. For 15-20 minutes just close your eyes and forget about things that bother you. Try this exercise preferably before going to bed and see the difference. You will sleep better and wake up happy and fresh.
- Make others smile by donating something: Another surefire way to avoid stress. It’s an old adage “What you give comes back to you manifold”. This is called as Law of Attraction. If you are making someone happy eventually happiness will land up on your laps. So make someone happy and feel the difference.
These methods are proven and has always worked wonders for those who are stressed out. I know that someone out there right now reading this is stressed out because of your current situation. Do not worry as you are not alone. Just live in the moment by letting good thoughts to prevail in your mind. Stay happy and Stay Healthy.