Facts about Dentistry
We all at some point of time have been to a dentist. Be it a Root Canal Treatment or Gum Lift Procedure we have visited dentist sometime or the other. But how well do you know about dentistry? So come lets enhance your knowledge about this profession –
- People who drink 3 or more glasses of soda each day have 62% more tooth decay, fillings and tooth loss than others. Put down the pop and sports drinks and pick up some nice fresh water instead.
- Tooth enamel is the hardest substance in the human body. However, I would suggest not to use your tooth to open bottle caps!
- If you don’t floss, you miss cleaning 40% of your tooth surfaces. Make sure you brush and floss twice a day!
- If you’re right handed, you will chew your food on your right side. If you’re left handed, you will tend to chew your food on your left side.
- Every year, kids in North America spend close to half a million dollars on chewing gum.
- More people use blue toothbrushes than red ones.
- Everyone’s tongue print is different just like everyone’s fingerprint.
- This is interesting – An average women smiles 62 times a day and an average man smiles 8 times a day. Kids laugh 100 times in a day and an adult 15 times day.
- You need to brush for at least 2-3 minutes daily but an average person brushes for only 40-70 seconds.
- The first commercial floss was manufactured in 1882.
- Tooth definitely has value and is valuable. Well that’s because Sir Issac Newton has the most valuable tooth. One of his tooth was sold in London in 1816 for $3,633(today’s value $35,700) and that teeth went into a ring.
- The first Dental hygienist was Irene Newman and she was trained to clean teeth in 1905.
So now that you have enough knowledge about dentistry let me also tell you that the most common factor that involves in affecting the heath of your teeth is excessive drinking of soda as it contains 12 teaspoon of sugar and the other factor is lack of proper hygiene.
Brush daily, do floss and do consult your dentist for any further assistance. After all who does not want a beautiful smile.