Prevention and Home Remedies for Periodontal Disease
Do you know the best way to avoid/prevent Periodontal Disease? Its simple – maintaining a proper dental hygiene. This dental hygiene is something that you have been ever since you were born. At a very tender age our parents helped us brush our teeth and then later on we started doing it on our own. However what we fail to do is brushing twice a day and for two minutes. Apart from brushing you need to floss your teeth as well so that any trapped food can be removed. These trapped food helps the bacteria to grow causing plaque build up which eventually leads to periodontal disease. Once you suffer from this disease you will end up undergoing tooth extraction or dental implant or dentures.
Periodontal Disease prevention and at home remedies
Prevention of this disease is no rocket science. As mentioned above you have to follow some very simple procedure like brushing and flossing. Apart from this make sure you also adhere to:
- Getting regular dental cleaning as per the schedule which will be suggested by your dentist.
- Not using same toothbrush for more than 2-3 months.
- Prefer using electric toothbrush
- Brushing twice a day. Once in morning and then after you have your dinner. Make sure you floss as well so that any trapped food can be removed.
- Using mouthwash. This will help in killing the bacteria inside your mouth.
In case you feel that there is some sort of swelling in your gums or redness in your gums then you can opt for following home made remedies:
- Oil Pulling: It pulls away all the toxins.
- Sage Leaf Decoction: Has anti-oxidants and anti-inflammatory properties.
- Garlic and Turmeric Paste: Both have antibacterial properties and are really helpful in avoiding gum disease or Periodontal Disease.
- Using Neem: It has both antimicrobial and antifungal properties.
- Mustard Oil: Destroys bacteria and has pain-reducing qualities along with being anti-microbial and anti-bacterial.
- Aloe Vera Gel: If it is being collected from the plant then its perfect to reduce any sort of inflammation as it has anti-inflammatory properties.
Well these some of the very common yet effective prevention technique for Periodontal Disease. You must agree with me that there is no rocket science in doing all that has been mentioned here. So what are you waiting for?