Smile Benefits: Check out 7 of these
Smiling has its own benefits and those benefits effect our well being and health. As we progress towards adulthood we lose the habit of smiling simply because of various situations. These situations can be like stress during work, stress in personal life, bad health and many more. As human we tend to focus on things that are difficult and keep thinking about it. We just cannot stop doing it. We do not focus on situations which has kept us happy. When we land up in such situations which causes stress we tend to consume foods that harm our body and also affects our dental health. We start falling prey to dental problems such as periodontal diseases, gum diseases, gingivitis and tooth loss. This primarily is the reason why many of us have to undergo smile makeover. Smile benefits are manifold and today we will be looking at 7 smile benefits and how they help in well being of our body.
- Endorphin is released when you smile: These are neurotransmitters and are stimulated when muscles on your face move. Your brain will interpret this signal and releases these chemicals. Endorphin is the chemical which is responsible for us to laugh and smile. Do you know that your brain does not differentiate whether you are faking a smile or you are genuinely laughing? Well that’s true. Brain will feel that muscles are moving just the way when you smile. This is called as facial feedback hypothesis.
- Endorphin have a tendency to make us feel happy and less stressed: Endorphin also plays the role of pain killers within our body. Have you ever noticed that when you get hurt or are in pain and someone makes you laugh the pain subsides for a while. This happens due to endorphin. That’s the reason why your friends and family try to keep you happy when you are in chronic pain.
- Endorphin are reduces stress hormone: This does not require an explanation because the more you stay happy the less stress you feel. When we are in stressful situation we tend to get indulged in habits such as smoking and consuming alcohol. This has an adverse affect on our dental and overall health. Smoking leads to periodontal disease and cancer. Once you are suffering from periodontal disease you start losing teeth and will have to undergo tooth extraction surgery. So whenever you feel you are in stress then just ease out by listening to music, going for a walk or talking to friends and family. The more you talk the less stressed you will feel and more happy you will be.
- Laughing will help expand your lungs: When you are laughing and smiling the intake of oxygen increases which helps in expanding lungs. This is a good exercise for body as well. Ever seen people in park laughing out loud? Well this is a form of exercise which keeps their body healthy.
- Smiling and laughing releases many emotions: When you are laughing and smiling often, negative feelings will leave your brain and heart. We all have such feelings stuck inside us and we do not release them. After a good laugh you will have a bit of positive perspective which will keep you happy. So do laugh no matter what situation you are in.
- Smiling will attract people towards you: Everyone loves to be around the person who is full of life and laughter. Smiling and laughing makes you look attractive and also eases out any sort of conversation you have with a stranger. Smiling is contagious so while to speak and smile the other person will do the same.
- Smiling is a happy and a positive expression: Next time when you go for a job interview instead of getting scared and conscious just smile and answer questions that your interviewer asks. They will surely be impressed and this will also boost your confidence.
Now you must be wondering that “How can I laugh and smile even though my situation ain’t like that”? Well that is something natural. We all go through challenging situations but when you smile more often (as brain does not know the difference between fake and real smile) you tend to develop that habit. Furthermore you should watch movies which are funny. Interact with friends and families. Spending time with your loved ones is a great source of smile. Remembering stupid and funny moments with them will help you smile often.
Remember that Smile is the ultimate mood buster, makes you feel younger, people who smile often are successful, people will remember you for a long time, a happy boss leads to a happy team and a happy face leads to healthy body.
Do not feel stressed out because of certain situations in your life. These situation will lead to habits which will affect your health directly. So stay happy and stay healthy.