Steps to achieve that beautiful smile
Who doesn’t love to have that beautiful and vibrant smile? We all love to carry the smile which can win hearts and make new acquaintances. However there are times when we face embarrassment while flashing smile at someone because of our stained teeth. We started to feel that our social circle is shrinking day by day. A stained teeth can also lead to bad breath which makes it even more awkward for us to be present in public. If we maintain good dental hygiene we can surely achieve that vibrant and beautiful smile with pearly white teeth.
A good and proper dental health is not just about the looks. Its about the overall well being of you mouth and eventually your body. Your mouth is the gateway to your body so it is imperative that you take good care of it. The condition of your teeth and gums will determine the overall health. So if you want to attain that beautiful smile you will need to understand that the steps will also help you attain a good oral health.
Steps to attain a beautiful smile and healthy body
- Brushing: This is the most important part of your healthy dental regime. Make sure that you brush twice a day for two minutes to attain healthy gums and be free of any disease. Brushing gives you fresh breath (to some extent) and using a fluoride toothbrush helps in strengthening your teeth. However if you think that alone brushing can lead to that beautiful smile then you must go ahead and read further.
- Flossing: Brushing combined with flossing is capable of combating any gum disease. Brushing helps to clean your teeth but at places where your brush cannot reach you will need to floss. Flossing helps in removing the food debris which eventually leads to removal of plaque and avoiding bad breath or Halitosis. While meeting a friend or a stranger the most common factor that pushes us away is the bad breath. This is the reason why flossing is so downright important.
- Paying visit to your dentist: So if you have started brushing twice followed by flossing you now need to pay visit to your dentist at least twice a year. He/She will help in dental cleaning and will also check for any visible signs of gum disease. The reason why your dentist will check for gum disease is because the earlier it is spotted the easier it is to treat. Moreover if you suffer from other conditions then just let your dentist know about them. It is always a sensible decision to examine your own mouth. You can check for signs such as a sore which is not healing from a long time or even bleeding gums.
- Eating healthy and quitting smoke: Even if you brush, floss and visit your dentist regularly, you will still need to take healthy diet and give up smoking completely. Consume more of calcium rich products so as to maintain strong bones and teeth. Eat more of Vitamin C so that your gum stays healthy. Smoking not only causes cancer but also helps in bad breath. Teeth of a smoker will always be stained and he/she can never have a fresh breath. So even if you are with your friend who is a non-smoker they will still be turned off by you because of bad breath. These factors contribute a lot towards the fact that we become conscious is passing that smile towards our peers.
- Cosmetic Dentistry Procedure: Slightly costly but this works always. If you feel that you have stained teeth or crooked teeth, you may want to consider a cosmetic dental procedure. The first thing someone will notice on you is your smile. Having crooked teeth will bring your confidence level down to zero. Cosmetic Dentistry has evolved by leaps and bounds. Veneers, Braces, Inlay/Onlay Ceramic and many such treatments available now have helped patients attain the smile that they have always wanted. Smile Makeover is one of the most commonly used Cosmetic Dentistry
Related Article: Everything you want to know about Cosmetic Dentistry
So that’s all about it. Anything else that you do with your teeth which gives you that beautiful and vibrant smile do share in the comments below.