Teeth Whitening: Get Sparkling Smile
What makes a good impression: A Sparkling Smile and what makes a sparkling smile: Whiten Teeth. Teeth whitening become very necessary for everyone to feel confident in their personal life as well in professional life. Also now teeth whitening become very safer and more affordable for anyone who wants a brighter smile.
In the market, so many whitening toothpaste and drugstore whitening kits are available but for best result you must consult with your dentist to choose most effective teeth whitening treatment.
Teeth whitening treatment includes bleaching agents usually in the form of Carbamide peroxide and Hydrogen peroxide. This treatment used following methods:
In-clinic treatments: This is carried out by a cosmetic dentist, where your dentist will determine the best treatment for you from available various teeth whitening treatments. Most treatments use shining a laser beam of light onto the bleaching gel which has been applied to the teeth to speed up the whitening process. It is considered as the fastest whitening treatment method.
Teeth whitening strips: Whitening strips are basically thin pieces of plastic coated in peroxide. In this method, you have to attach this strip to your front teeth. You have to wear this strip about 30 minutes a day for 2 weeks. But this method will take approx 4 months to show the desired results. But this method is considered as the most effective form of whitening.
At home or DIY treatments: In this treatment procedure, cosmetic dentist will take an impression of your mouth and accordingly make custom trays which are used to cover the teeth. The patient then administers a thin ribbon of gel to the trays at home and wears them for around 2 hours a day, or preferably at night, while sleeping. The results usually shown within 1-2 weeks but for those with more pronounced staining then it can be take approx 6 weeks to achieve the desired results.
Teeth Whitening for Sensitive Teeth:
If your teeth are sensitive then must consult with your dentist before teeth whitening treatment. You have to use desensitizing toothpaste for at least one month before whitening. Also use the low concentrate whitening products according to level of sensitivity. Sometimes problem of sensitivity is the result of teeth whitening treatment.
Idle age for Teeth Whitening Treatment:
There is no fixed age for teeth whitening treatment. It depends on condition of your teeth. But yes, whitening treatment becomes well and fast for younger (14 yrs to 16 yrs) people and difficult for older people having dark teeth.
Take care after Teeth Whitening Treatment:
- Dental hygiene: Adopt good dental habits like brushing your teeth at least twice a day.
- Stain-Producing Habits: You should avoid habits which darken your teeth like smoking, frequent consumption of black tea, coffee, red wine, berries, tomato sauce, soy sauce or highly pigmented foods or acidic foods.
- Regular touch-up: After Treatment you have to maintain regular whitening touch-up with the consultation of your dentist.
Few Natural Ways to Whiten Your Teeth at Home:
- You can brush your teeth with activated Charcoal.
- You can brush your teeth with hydrogen peroxide paste & baking soda.
- You should eat raw, crunchy fruits and vegetables.
- You can brush your teeth with strawberry salt and baking soda.
- Use paste of turmeric to whiten your teeth.