Facts about your teeth to surprise you
Facts about your teeth
A lot of serious facts have been discussed in Dental Health. Before we proceed with some of the interesting facts let us together see what we have discussed so far.
- If eating sweet is bad then eating Sour is worst.
- Enamel is strong but can break as well.
- There is no age for tooth loss.
- Fluoride is not good for your
- Cavities can be caused by
- In order to eradicate the foul smell you need to follow proper dental hygiene.
- Parsley, Green Tea, Yogurt, Apples, Pears, Oranges, Melons, Berries and Almonds help fight Bad Breath.
- Dental floss used to remove food debris or plaque and remains on teeth to maintain oral health.
- Dental plaque or bio-film is the main cause of periodontal disease.
- Periodontal (oral) diseases are one among the major chronic infections afflicting mankind at present.
- Toothbrush and toothpaste alone are not enough to remove plaque and debris.
- Dental caries is the most common chronic disease of kids; and cleft lip and palate is one of the most common birth defects.
So those were some of the serious issues that we have discussed in most of the articles. But there are some really interesting facts that you need to know about your teeth. Our teeth is one of the precious gems God has gifted us, so it is extremely important for us to take good care of them. So with the help of these fun facts let’s understand our teeth more and more.
Fun Facts about our Dental Condition
- You need to change your toothbrush every three months because our toothbrushes worn out and are of no use after three months. Make it a point to rinse your toothbrush in warm water after you use it. Not just three months, change your toothbrush if you are suffering from cold and flu.
- Soda has the capacity to cause tooth decay 62% of times. Do you know that when the leading soda manufacturer was launched the number of people who complained about tooth decay increased drastically? Well this is true.
- Do not indulge into war with your teeth while brushing. Brushing vigorously does not do any good to your teeth. Instead it can lead to enamel being eroded. And remember that enamel once eroded will never grow back and will cause tooth sensitivity.
- Nobody prefers being around someone who has a foul breath. So be more popular in your office premises by brushing and flossing
- Do you know that nearly 164 million work hours are lost due to bad dental health? So if you want to be in good books of your boss maintain a good oral hygiene.
- Dentures of George Washington were made out of gold, ivory, lead and a mixture of human, donkey and hippopotamus teeth. Well that’s impressive and real customization.
- Just like sharks we are also mammals. Sharks have 40 set of teeth in their lifetime. Do you know how many set of teeth does a human have? Well just 2, so take good care of them.
- A lot of us have the habit of putting a cap our toothbrush while we are travelling. But do you know that it does more harm than good. Moisture gets trapped which encourages bacterial growth.
Well, that’s about it. It all comes down to one thing: Take good care of your teeth. Regular and proper dental hygiene will not only keep your teeth healthy but also help in maintaining the overall health of your body.