Few important types of Cosmetic Dentistry that you need to know about
Have you ever felt that a slightest change in your physical appearance makes you feel good and confident about yourself? When it comes to dentistry, Cosmetic Dentistry is one such procedure that patients look up to. This treatment is becoming the latest trend among individuals who are pretty much concerned about their appearance. Well, why not. When you are feeling good about yourself then everything around you feels good and that instills a sense of confidence within you.
Cosmetic dentistry is an alternative to plastic surgery because the cost involved in this treatment is far much lesser than that of plastic surgery. These days cosmetic dentistry is becoming so famous that a dentist who used to perform a simple restorative treatment adds a touch of cosmetic elements in it. Cosmetic Dentistry is a savior from chipped teeth, crooked teeth and missing teeth. So, ideally this treatment not only enhances the beauty of smile, but also gives you a healthy oral health.
Keeping costs and your requirement in mind, various dental centers offer a wide range of dental treatment. Some of the most famous treatment offered by dental centers are the following:
- Dental Bonding: This treatment costs lesser than Dental Veneers because it is used to fix some minor or simple tooth imperfections.
- Enamel Shaping: If you have rough or uneven teeth, then this is the procedure for you to undergo. As a part of this procedure a portion of the tooth is removed and restructured which changes the appearance of the teeth. Enamel Shaping is done on tooth that are longer in appearance.
- Dental Crowns and Bridges: If you have a broken or damaged tooth, then you need a dental crown,but if you have a missing teeth then Dental Bridge is required.
- Dental Inlays and Onlays: These are popularly known as porcelain fillings and are carried out to replace large fillings. These fillings are designed to resemble your teeth.
- Invisalign: This is an alternative to braces. It is an orthodontic device that uses transparent aligner to adjust your teeth.
Cosmetic Dentistry has evolved over a period of time and many dental centers and dentist are opting for this field as well. The reason being it is the most sought after treatment and why not – after all everyone wants to look and have that vibrant, confident smile.