veneer teeth:- Everything you need to know about
Everything you need to know about veneer teeth
Everyone deserves a beautiful smile. But some people are self-conscious about smiling in public because of their bad appearance of teeth. Now, Dental Veneer is the solution of this problem. Dental Veneer is used to solve many cosmetic dental problems that make teeth look unattractive.
Dental Veneer is a very thin layer made of material which is placed over a tooth to protect tooth’s surface from damage. Dental Veneer is one of the most suitable approaches to change tooth’s colour, size, or shape. Dental Veneer is most suitable option to get perfect smile. It improves the appearance and functionality of your teeth and improves your self-confidence also.
Veneers look like your natural teeth; they provide benefits of stain resistance. Dental veneers are usually placed on the anterior or front teeth, where the chewing forces are less as compared to back teeth.
Procedure of Dental Veneer:
Before receiving dental veneer, your tooth required a little preparation. The first step is to re-shape your tooth. A small amount of enamel is removed from its surface for the bonding process. The amount of removed enamel is same as the thickness of the veneer, so that the tooth stays the same size. The proper shade of veneer is selected to make sure the natural looking teeth. In the next step, an impression of your mouth is taken and sent to a dental laboratory for veneer fabrication. A temporary veneer is fitted over the tooth until the permanent veneer is made. Once the permanent veneer is made, the temporary veneer is removed and the permanent veneer is placed over the tooth and checked for comfort and fit. If the patient feels comfortable then permanent veneer is cemented into the place.
In one visit procedure, the dentist keeps all the equipment required to prepare permanent veneer in the office and same day permanent veneer is prepared and fixed.
Types of Dental Veneer:
There are different types of Veneer available in the dentistry market depending on the material used to made veneer. Patients can choose the type of veneer depending on their teeth condition and associated cost. These are;
- Porcelain veneers: These veneers are made up of a thin layer of a high quality ceramic material. These veneers are most durable and give you most natural look. These veneers require minimum preparation time and the procedure is also very simple. But these veneers are quite expensive than other veneers.
- Composite resin veneers: In these veneers, a composite material is used to cover your front teeth. These veneers are cheaper as compared to porcelain veneers. These veneers are less durable than porcelain veneers.
- Zirconium porcelain veneers: These veneers are used for patients having majorly decayed or damaged teeth. These veneers are much stronger than other veneers.
Risk Involved with Dental Veneer:
- If you have weak tooth enamel or have decayed or weakened teeth then Dental veneer is risky.
- If your veneer breaks once then you have to re-do the process all over again. The veneer can be break by applying a lot of force on your teeth or eating hard food.
- Dental veneer can increase the risk of sensitivity.
In conclusion, dental veneer treatment is a popular and effective option for individuals looking to improve the appearance of their teeth. Veneers are thin shells made of porcelain or composite resin that are placed over the front of teeth to cover imperfections such as chips, stains, or gaps.
One of the main benefits of veneer teeth is their ability to provide a natural-looking and durable solution to a range of cosmetic dental concerns. Veneers can also be customized to match the color and shape of surrounding teeth, making them virtually indistinguishable from natural teeth.
In addition to their aesthetic benefits, veneer teeth can also improve the functionality of teeth by restoring their shape and size. This can help to correct issues with bite and alignment, as well as protect teeth from further damage.
While dental veneer treatment is generally considered safe and minimally invasive, it is important to consult with a qualified dentist to determine if veneers are the right option for your individual needs. Regular dental hygiene and maintenance are also crucial to ensure the longevity of veneer teeth.
Overall, dental veneer treatment offers a versatile and effective solution for individuals looking to enhance the appearance and functionality of their teeth. With proper care and maintenance, veneers can provide long-lasting and natural-looking results that can improve both your confidence and oral health.